The Hungry Ear

waiting then stalking, capturing and devouring fresh, wide-eyed melodofauna. bojibbety is the cry of the soon to be sated Hungry Ear.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

Saturday, October 07, 2006

If Beck can plagiarize himself, so can I: I'm certain we're not the only ones.

In pop music, this week, there were releases from Jet and Beck, Shine On and The Information, respectively.
So, which do you prefer the Beatles or the Stones? And why do you have to like one or the other anyway? Just listen to Jet and get over it. My favourites from this new Jet album, are Eleanor and Rip it Up.
The Beck release comes with a DVD of videos for all the songs and I imagine there will be a release in a few months of remixes. Bouncy, bubbly, meaningless pop just the way it should be and danceable too.

In other news: Rehearsing an old song I once recorded with a band called 'Congested Karl Malden.' This new recording will feature an intro I wrote for the song some years after the original recording. So far, it's been fun and that's all that 'CKM' ever was, fun. And as they say, "fun is fun."


la la la la la

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home