The Hungry Ear

waiting then stalking, capturing and devouring fresh, wide-eyed melodofauna. bojibbety is the cry of the soon to be sated Hungry Ear.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Moonchild

I mentioned that I would have to acquire Moonchild, John Zorn compositions performed by Mike Patton, Trevor Dunn and Joey Baron as conducted by Zorn. So, I've found a copy and now I'm giving it a listen. It's rock music though I did find it in the avant garde jazz section and perhaps it could have been put in one of the metal sections at HMV. It could also be a soundtrack for a horror movie in which the victim runs until it drops then is picked up, bludgeoned repeatedly then swallowed whole albeit tenderized and dripping with fear.

Listen in the dark with headphones late at night and prepare to be uncomfortable.

My reaction to this: "This is awesome fuck." And isn't that what rock music should be?

la la la la la

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home