The Hungry Ear

waiting then stalking, capturing and devouring fresh, wide-eyed melodofauna. bojibbety is the cry of the soon to be sated Hungry Ear.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

Saturday, April 08, 2006

sometime this year the flaming lips and sonic youth will tour together

In the late 80's in my last years of university and living in a condemned building I would listen to Brave New Waves a late night radio show on the CBC. Now, when I'm up late, which doesn't happen as often as it did in university, I'll listen, always hoping to hear something I can sink my teeth into. It was at that time that I first heard, The Whitey Album by Ciccone Youth. It was part of a show about Sonic Youth and their emergence from early 80's no wave/punk and the New York experimental music scene.

Now, it's been remastered along with their first album, Sonic Youth. Did I mention Good Listening! That's right, crank it, enjoy it for what it is. It's rock and roll, bodiddly!

And in other news, The Flaming Lips have released a new album, At War With The Mystics. On first listen it's not their greatest but it is different from their last outing. More listening is required.


la la la la la

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home