The Hungry Ear

waiting then stalking, capturing and devouring fresh, wide-eyed melodofauna. bojibbety is the cry of the soon to be sated Hungry Ear.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

Sunday, May 01, 2005

it's all circus music baby

a dwarf waits outside with a fire extinguisher
I dance inside to circus music
the chihuahuas across the courtyard taunt me with their hairless chests
I dance inside to put out the flame
the barking subsides and the walls collude in three dead languages
I tango around in green stiletto heels
words from another three languages remind me to dance.


out on the horizon merry-go-rounds
thousands of merry-go-rounds
millions of merry-go-rounds
billions upon billions of merry-go-rounds spin sadly.

fire burns worlds turn
mothers birth into massive urns
dwarves wander about with bags of lime
putting out the stench.

A hundred jars of glaucomic sheep’s eyes
witness my tango with history
filled with decay and corruption and boxes
filled with the language of unspoken greetings
filled with ardour
dancing around my room
wearing a hole in a rug
friction comes, entropy blows
and a dwarf waits outside with a fire extinguisher.


la la la la la

2 Comments:

Blogger Clifford Duffy said...

what's rong with dwarves! hahahah

nothing of course.

11:50 a.m.  
Blogger neil said...

I like the line with "la"s

12:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home